Fourth Fridays at Bayview is a free gathering for members of Northern Neck Land Conservancy. In order to carefully manage impact to the land, and to help ensure a terrific guest experience, we limit the number attending each month to 30.
Bayview is Northern Neck Land Conservancy’s “ambassador property” in Northumberland County. It is a 220-acre Indigenous landscape bordered on two sides by water. Monthly Fourth Friday afternoon gatherings allow Land Conservancy members a chance to explore this beautiful location and learn about the importance of community conservation.
Become a supporting member (just $35/year).
Already a member? Click to reserve a free spot at this month’s Fourth Friday at Bayview
Questions? Please contact Land Conservancy staff: email@example.com or 804-250-2334
Thank you for being part of our special event and supporting the Northern Neck Land Conservancy mission – to preserve the rural heritage of the Northern Neck by conserving its lands, water, economies and culture for future generations.
Please review this important event information. Bayview is in rustic condition. You will want to plan accordingly.
- Waiver: Visitors are asked to sign a liability waiver. Waiver forms will be available at Bayview.
- Weather: Weather is not always predictable, please prepare accordingly. This event is rain or shine.
- Parking: We ask visitors to park along Ball Lane and walk into the property. The distance is ~3/4 mile. If you are bringing a kayak, its fine to drive it back to the house site before you park.
- Water Access: You are welcome to bring your own canoe or kayak and paddle at your own risk. You must bring a personal flotation device. Note that we do not have a dock or kayak launch (yet!) so the creek access is through grass and mud at this time.
- Facilities: We have a portable toilet on site for this gathering. Bayview does not have running water or electricity. The terrain is uneven.
- Things to Bring: Boots or shoes that are okay to get muddy, your ideas about conservation in our community and questions for the Land Conservancy to answer! We will provide water and light snacks.